- Transit Festival 2022DevelopmentTransit Festival20229Webdevelopment for Transit Festival 2022, in collaboration with Vrints-Kolsteren and Yanis Berrewaerts. The letters in this edition are split up by three columns or rows and change position by mouse movement or by shifting your phone from left to right using the phone accelerometer.
- Creative Belgium AwardsDevelopmentCreative Belgium20229Webdevelopment for Creative Belgium. In collaboration with Vrints-Kolsteren and Yanis Berrewaerts.
- Due Studio PortfolioDevelopmentDue Studio20229Webdevelopment for Due Studio, a graphic design studio and type foundry in Italy. The website includes a custom built type tester for their typefaces.
- Transit Festival 2021DevelopmentTransit Festival20219Webdevelopment for the first edition of Transit Festival, a summer festival in Antwerp. In collaboration with Vrints-Kolsteren.
- Federico LeggioWebdesign, developmentFederico Leggio20219Website for Federico Leggio, visual and motion designer from Sicily, Italy. Since he works a lot on motion design we added an animation for the wordmark, it extends into the about section on opening the page. The logo also has a motion animation for switching to dark mode.
- De FilmavondenWebdesign, developmentSelf initiated20209Website for De Filmavonden, an initiative of LUCA School of Arts. De Filmavonden is a weekly event showcasing movies of a certain theme in the second semester of the academic year.
- 4B-KMWebdesign, developmentSelf initiated20208Website for 4B-KM, a radio channel broadcasting sounds recorded around our solar system.
- Encyclopaedia Hamont-WeertPublicationMaster project20207After living in Belgium for four years I started to question the meaning of home. I always thought “home” could only be in one location but I found myself calling both my place in Belgium and in The Netherlands “home”. The two places I call home are connected by a railway. However the last 10 kilometers of the railroad to my hometown are abandoned. Between the last station, Hamont in Belgium, and the first station, Weert in The Netherlands there is no train service. The train stops in Hamont and returns, not completing the connection between my two homes.
Wondering what I was missing out on I started researching the area around the railroad that is abandoned by train services. Slowly but surely I found out about a lot of interesting things and history. Naturally I started arranging this information and slowly an encyclopaedia took shape. I used the encyclopaedia to rediscover the area around the abandoned railway that used to connect my current place of residence to my hometown.
The encyclopaedia is like I am finding out about the missing link between my homes, and allowing me to complete the connection.
- GeelTypefaceMaster project20206 – NowMy masters project was focused around finding the connection between my hometown and living in Ghent. This typeface is one of the outcomes of that. The typeface is inspired by bicycle racks that I see at train stations on trips in between those places. The bicycle racks that inspired me often had questionable designs. Sometimes they had additions that did not make a lot of sense, the border between functionality and decoration was vague.
This typeface is exploring the border between function and decoration. The decorative element of the letters interfere with the readability. The letters are all made of one pencil stroke, based on bicycle racks that are bent from one long bar of steel. The name Geel comes from one of the stations that I drew inspiration from during traveling.
- Jill GybelsWebdesign, developmentJill Gybels2020
- Various postersSelf initiated2019 – 2020Posters for various events, event poster of digital discussion as artistic statement for the film Parasite, poster displaying all the coming movies for De Filmavonden, movie poster for In the Mood for Love and poster for 4B-KM.
- Uit de lucht, naar het lichtPublicationSchool assignment2019Design for Matthias van de brul’s master thesis, research about the meaning of the deus ex machina in the tragedy of Medea by Euripides, Müller and Verhelst, and in his own theatre work.
Since the thesis features numerous theater texts, that can not be separated over paragraphs, I differentiated the featured texts by turning them 90 degrees. This created a recognisable and interesting image, that was also used for the text on the cover and backcover, which folds inside and continues.
- Joran van SoestIdentityJoran van Soest2018 – NowIdentity for artist Joran van Soest. The identity focuses on the art while creating a recognisable variable identity that features subtle visual changes to differentiate different exhibitions and collections.
- Joran van SoestWebdesign, developmentJoran van Soest2018Website for Joran van Soest. The website focuses on the art with minimal interference of the design.
- RAL7035PublicationSelf initiated2018Internship report for my internship at Vrints-Kolsteren. RAL7035 is a nod to the paint colour of the new studio floor.
- 4B-KMIdentitySchool assignment20184 billion kilometres is a reference to the distance between the earth and the most distant source of sound the radio channel broadcasts. That sound is a recording of various planets by Voyager 1, captured as it passed the planets, NASA then transformed that data into sound, allowing you to listen to a planet 4 billion kilometres away.
The design is centred around the sun, just like the planets in our solar system which orbit the sun. There are three different visuals.
Firstly as you cannot directly look at the sun, the design replicates the overexposure you experience and then the second visual, the shapes and colour you’ll see when you look back again. Then the third and last visual is the sun as how we cannot see it with our bare eyes.
- Roze AktiefrontIdentitySchool assignment2017Roze Aktiefront is a fictional protest group that aims to ban heterosexual intercourse to prevent epidemic overpopulation. They believe that the overpopulation crisis can be solved by stopping the problem at its core; heterosexual intercourse.